Friday, May 18, 2012

Polymer Turquoise Pin

 Gluing the Swarovski crystal in the eye area really made all the difference in my polymer clay faux Turquoise Horse pin.  I used a super magnet instead of a pinback so it can be worn on silk or suede without damage to the material.

I find out later today if I need surgery on my ankle.  Hope not.  We've got lots of plans for the summer that start the first week of June with a trip to the Bead and Button Show in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.  So, I am crossing my fingers.

7 comments:

coltpixy said...

A beautiful piece! Very powerful.
Good luck with your ankle.

Roberta Warshaw said...

Good luck! Keep us posted.

DVArtist said...

Lighting a candle for you and your ankle. When you get to Bead n Button be sure to stop at booths 1213 and 1215. Lisa Peters and Carol Dean Sharp. They are carrying my Nicole's BeadBacking this year. OK enough of that. Coming to your blog is like walking into an art gallery. Your talent is exceptional.
Nicole/Beadwright

Lupe Meter said...

Beautifully sculptured horse pin, Marlene!! Will be praying that you won't need surgery on your ankle! Wish I was going with you to the Bead and Button Show. Good luck in the show!

Marlene Brady said...

Thank you, thank you. I need the luck!!

Marlene Brady said...

Thanks Roberta, I will!

Marlene Brady said...

Thanks Lupe! Thank you for the prayers too!