Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Wrist Warmers & Smittens

I got this pattern from the BBB Sisters on Design Sponge (click HERE).  The instructions' link is in the 5th paragraph down.  The post is called "Hunt, Gather and Host a Knitting Party".  Everything from the invitations to what to serve is included. 
 I wanted a finished buttonhole for the thumb opening, so I practiced the Tulip buttonhole until "I got it".  It took me a while, but it was worth it.  You can find the written instructions and a great video on Tech Knitting blogspot (click HERE).   The lacy ones in the top photo lasted about a day and off came the lace.  Simple and practical; love them.
I used the vertical Invisible Mattress Stitch for closing the side seams.  Knitting Daily has great instructions (click HERE).  This pair was a fun learning experience.  My next pair is going to be Sonnentaler's "1 Hour Mitts"  (click HERE).   So cute.  Or how about the "Smittens" below?
How cute are these?  Free knitting pattern from Coco Knits  (click HERE).  A great Valentine's gift.

2 comments:

DVArtist said...

Ohhh these are what I need for my hands. They hurt so much that a soft half mitten would feel so good. I think I will send my daughter the pattern and have her make me some. These are beautiful. I like the smittens too. You are so talented.
Nicole/Beadwright

Barbara said...

So cute, and like Nicole I could use these too. Warm and soft, just what aging hands need! Beautiful.