Thursday, January 14, 2016

Polymer Clay & Texture

 Aluminum foil armatures, CelluClay over the foil and then I covered the CelluClay with polymer clay and baked.  Texturing is my favorite part. However, I kept getting unwanted fingerprints and nail scratches. I couldn't pick it up or turn it without unwanted marks.  I thought, "I wish I had a pair of texture gloves" so I could handle it anyway I wanted to.  And then it dawned on me I did have texture gloves.....a pair of great exfoliating bath gloves!  And they worked beautifully!  It is taking on a life of its own.


3 comments:

Barbara said...

Isn't it funny when we think we need to go shopping for something only to find it under our noses. Very cool effects!

Gene Black said...

I have used rubber gloves to avoid fingerprints and unwanted texture on pieces that I want shiny and smooth.

Louise Hill said...

Fabulous idea to use bath gloves for texture.... thanks so much.