Tuesday, July 3, 2012

"No Dumping"

An art project challenge-create a piece of jewelry that makes a statement on more than one level.  Aesthetically, it makes a statement and environmentally.  No more dumping, littering, junk piling.   
It was a full day. I had sketched, executed and assembled.  I had a nice dinner, watched a movie, went on the computer, etc.  When I went to bed, I laid there thinking....people dump on each other too.  They get over-stressed and dump on family, friends, or the lady in customer service who is just trying to do her job.  All things really are relative.  
I used rubber coated beads, jump rings, leather cording and chain embellishment.  I hand cut, filed, drilled, sanded and painted the resin/plastic "junk" forms.

2 comments:

DVArtist said...

Very nice post and I love your piece.
Nicole/Beadwright

DIAN said...

Wow, I just love this and the statement about dumping our junk for others to clean up. Fantastic.