Saturday, June 5, 2010

Mold and Making Raised Textures

Isn't this gorgeous? I made a nice thick silicone mold from a wooden antique Chinese moon cake mold (I collect them-oh what a surprise, right?). I will post my small collection one or these days. Anyway, I can't wait to get up tomorrow morning and start creating with it.
I also played around with creating some raised texture stamps for bead making. Although they would also give a little drama to some tiles.
Looking forward to experimenting tomorrow. 

1 comment:

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

Your texture plates are wonderful Marlene! What a great idea to use the moon cake molds like that. Would give you the reverse image to the mold. If you collect the molds I bet you have quite a selection of cool Asian designs. Nice work!