Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Moldy Wallpaper

I'm a little under the weather and hoping by tomorrow this bug will be gone. I'm not feeling so hot (ha, Arizona joke). I use different two part silicone putty mixtures, but this one is reasonable and seems to last a long time. The most important thing to remember is to let it sit 5 to 10 minutes after you apply it to your object. All my wallpapers reacted differently to the putty. The "raw" papers I lightly sprayed with a sealant and let dry. Then I sprayed them with some mold release. I learned this after not being able to remove the putty from the paper below. You can see my nail marks on the side of the yellow mold where I was prying it away from the paper. It made a nice mold and I will take this a step further tomorrow (hopefully).

No comments: