Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Ghoul Friends

It's the Ghoul Friend pins making their Ghoulish Entrance (get it? enTRANCE) The Ghoul Friends work the graveyard shift and, make no bones about it, they think it is the best. They look forward to going out after work to party, but, don't worry, they practice safe hex (get it? Safe hex-hexes, spells, incantations.). Try as I might, I could not get a photo of them glowing in the dark. But, I think you get the idea. I glued a magnet to each so they can be worn as pins without damaging clothing. I purchased a candy mold from Michael's craft store and used it for the base of the head. I sculpted a little on them and applied some of my canes before baking. After they cooled, I used acrylic paints to add more color.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

LOL! Not only are you creative with your hands, but the creative words flow from your brain too! I like these a lot, perhaps because they don't really look scary, they are a bit whimsical in their ghoulish-ness.

Marlene Brady said...

Oh, I can't claim credit for all the wording. I've been collecting Halloween "anything" for a long time. I've just thrown in some of my seasoning into the word stew. But, thank you, as always.

coltpixy said...

They are fabulous! Love them ♥

Anonymous said...

Too funny! It's after midnight and I am about to fall asleep and you made me laugh! The ghouls are so cute, I love them!