Saturday, September 4, 2010

Yummy Delicas

Delicas and more delicas. Yum. Got my delivery from Fire Mountain Gems.
Got 'em all sorted, numbered and ready to go.
I've got a desert scene and a mission scene with 51 delica colors. A snake pattern with 3 colors and Catrina with 16 colors. I use a 7 compartment pill container from the pharmacy to hold the delicas. I cut small rectangles, mark the color # and tape them to the bottom of the container. I can open one at a time, close it, and keep beading in the car without worrying about spilling. It's worked so far.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, are you ever organized! Little Delica beads are hard for me because of their smaller size, but they give such a perfect appearance to a piece. Looking forward to seeing finished pieces!

Lois Moon said...

I love the pill box solution. I use them also. when I was wearing contacts, I replaced my case every few weeks and used these to hold delicas for on the go work. I love that desert scene. How brave you are to work with 51 colors! I've never worked with more than 11 at a time. I can't wait to see your finished work

Anonymous said...

The pill box idea is fantastic...had not thought of that for storing beads. Delica beads are so small...how do you have the patience? Can't wait to see your creations! Weddings...love them! How exciting!