Thursday, December 10, 2009

I Crocheted Edgings for What?

Two sets of Monticello Egyptian cotton Queen size sheets; one in teal and one in white. Breathtakingly beautiful. But they needed something...what was it? Oh yeah, yards and yards of hand crocheted edging. Whether they needed it or not, they got it.
When I got done crocheting eding for these two sets of sheets, I had to have the master bath match, so I crocheted eding for two bath sheets, two bath towels, two hand towels and two face towels.
I loved it so much, I crocheted another set. And I wonder why my hands hurt?
They have gone through years of washing and drying and are still beautiful. Although I've moved on to the new eco friendly bamboo towels (unedged), I am still in awe that I had the patience to hand crochet all that.
I have old crochet books from 1937 on up and I really enjoy looking through them.
Sometimes for inspiration and sometimes for laughs.
Bottom, lower left....isn't that a cell phone holder?
Eco-friendly grocery bags.
All from over 70 years ago. Amazing.
I still crochet on and off, but on a much smaller scale. Pretty sure I am done crocheting linen sets.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

I LOVE those sheets and towels. You had better hide them when I come over. LOL