Thursday, February 24, 2011

Gourd Sculpture Part 3

More Apoxie Clay, more painting....
These are two hoops from embroidery frames I glued together and attached with Apoxie Clay.
I weighted the bottom with more Apoxie Clay. The bottom will be covered with a piece of felt so it will look nice.
The "hair" is some old cording I had. Her head wrap is sculpted from air dry polymer clay and glued on. The cording was glued in after the head wrap was semi-dry.
Now she gets more paint, patterns, textures and some beading. Continued......

4 comments:

Desert Rubble said...

Wow, it's been so neat to see this coming along! I can't wait to see the finished piece.
Lynn

Marlene Brady said...

Hey Cover Girl!! Congratulations. Thank you for the comment.....you know I appreciate it.

Lupe Meter said...

Wow, she is coming along quite nicely. She is going to be a beauty! I agree, it is nice to see the process...thanks for sharing it with us!

Desert Rubble said...

lol thanks Marlene =)