Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Bead Journal Wednesday

This was Sunday night's sunset- beautiful pinks, blues and yellows and then it turned a spectacular yellow orange, red and purple. It was unbelievable. I meant to post it and forgot.
I'm making Wednesdays the day I post my progress on my Bead Journal Project. Getting started wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. Beading one piece the same size each month for 12 months is a big enough challenge, but for me, deciding what I am going to do with them when I am done was a bigger challenge.
So, figuring out how I wanted to display them at the end of each month (and, ultimately at the end of the year) was the deciding factor in their size. I decided on 2" x 6" and am quite happy with my decision.
Sketched out a couple of designs and decided on the above.
Filled my gun case with my Walgreens' pill boxes filled with beads, my beading supplies and my beading mat and off I went. (See June 16, 2009 post on "Gun Case = Portable Beading".)
Just putting one bead in front of the other and getting started has helped the creativity flow. January is a great month. So full of promise for the upcoming year. A new beginning; a fresh new start. Resolutions to give hugs, get hugs and love more. To give a compliment once a day, to express my gratitude once a day, to live my passion. To try, just try, to stretch my comfort zone of trust. To lighten up and not take life so seriously. Oh my, what a stretch that will be for me. So January's journal piece is about new beginnings, reinventing ourselves and stretching in new directions.

No comments: