Thursday, January 28, 2010

Masks and Polymer Beads

Merrily making beads and tile necklaces this morning and turned a corner to sculpting little creature masks.
I like the totem of the bear, pig, wolf, owl and abstract masks, but think I will eventually use them separately in a beaded piece. Don't know, still playing with the sketches.
The tiles turned out....like the colors. Leaving as is, no sanding, buffing or Magic Gloss. The jump rings and spacers will be more than enough to balance it out. Sometimes the heavy gloss finish is just too much shine, looks plastic and detracts from the purity of the polymer clay itself.
Switched over to the extruder and used the brightest colors I had. Also leaving these matte.
It was a good day.

1 comment:

Karen S said...

I love those little masks. You make me want to get out my clay and play!