Saturday, April 24, 2010

Finishing Your Carved Piece

The photos at the end of this post show my original thought of beaded dangles, lots of beads, disks and fibers. However, these two photos show my final decision. Simple black cording, sliver closure, a few fibers and that's it.
Below: I was really trying to make it work. I thought if I used my polymer river rocks it would help it. Nope, still didn't like it.
It was just too busy.
Too much going on and the pendant got lost. It was a fun process finding my way to "keeping it simple". So, give carving a try. You will love having your own stamp, your own design from polymer.
I have made several over the years and they have held up beautifully. Have to say I like the disk beads a lot and will have to figure out how I can use them in another piece.

1 comment:

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

Isn't it funny how we artists are so often complicating things! I love your simpler version much better. You were right to put the focus on the focal bead. Makes it seem so much more important that way. Gorgeous pendant BTW. I love it that you carved the design yourself!