Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mum's Day

This was my first and only (so far) attempt at hand sculpting a polymer baby's head. I spent hours sculpting and was thrilled with my results. As I set it on my bookshelf, it slipped out of my hand and hit the tile floor.
I gave it my all in trying to salvage it by patching here and there and attempting to "paint" over the shattered parts.
Anyway, I featured this piece today because it reminds me of all the "mothering" types of people out there who are caretakers, fixers, nuturers, comforters, babiers and cuddlers who give their all everyday to their families, extended families, adopted families, friends, neighbors, pets, etc.
I hope your day is special.

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Happy Mothers Day Marlene! You have made this polymer clay baby look very much alive. The eyes are haunting....wonderful creation.

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day Marlene! What a beautiful creation!

Marlene Brady said...

Thank you. Thank you. Hope your day was special as well.

Pat Sernyk said...

Your baby is adorable! So loveable!