Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Color Inspiration

Beautifully dressed tables are a never ending source of color inspiration for me.
I love the playful use of color, materials, light and structural form.
The skillful use of natural textures and color enhance the poetic effect of this tablescape. A rusted metal nest placecard holder, burlap covered pots, molded glass bird napkin rings, woven placemats, scented candles, spotted eggs and baby blue napkins paired with a simple china plate with a twig design. Wow.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I look at scrapbook papers or paper packs. A single piece of paper can have so many gorgeously harmonious colors in it and it really helps me out! Check out anything by Basic Grey, my main inspiration source!!! www.basicgrey.com. Their stuff is so gorgeous.

Rhonda said...

Oh Mar, for about a minute I thought that was your dining room table. LOL Wow, I thought, she is dragging all her china out to take pictures, what creativeness. I had to enlarge the pictures to see the store tags. OMG - I need therapy.